COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
- The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a high temperature and a new, continuous cough.
- Everyone must stay at home to help stop coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading. Wash your hands with soap and water often to reduce the risk of infection.
- You can usually treat mild coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms at home. If your symptoms are severe, you may need medical care until you recover.
There are so many websites relating to the Coronavirus outbreak, residents should always check the official sites for the latest news and information:
Local advice has been published by Huntingdonshire District Council via their We are Huntingdonshire website. This site provides information on Council tax, communities, businesses, health and wellbeing etc. Additionally, if you are, or know, a vulnerable person that requires help or support due to being in isolation, you can report the requirement to the local supprt hub:
- We are Huntingdonshire Main Page
- I know someone who needs help because of Coronavirus
- I am vulnerable and need help (Huntingdonshire site)
- Get Coronavirus support as a clinically extremely vulnerable person (UK Government site)
There are a number of volunteer organisations and groups, these can be managed locally or nationally but would only require an individual to work within a short range of their own home:
- Cambridgeshire & Peterborough region volunteer survey/application
- NHS Volunteer Responders (currently closed for applications)
- Huntingdon COVID-19 Mutual Aid Group (FaceBook Group)
The UK Government have implemented a number of restrictions in order to prevent the spread of the virus, with the intent that slowing the spread will enable our NHS to cope with the demand for medical support for those showing serious symptoms of the virus. You can report breaches of these restrictions to the police:
- Report local breaches of Coronavirus restrictions to Cambridgeshire Police
- Report breaches of Coronavirus restrictions to the Police (National website)